Privacy and Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Eduvess's mission is to provide universal access to the world’s best education. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our learners as well as academic freedom for our partner institutions and instructors. We also want to make sure that all of our learners and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted these guidelines to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
Although we do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that learners who are as young as 13 use Eduvess, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger learners.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Effective as of August 1, 2017.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Eduvess respects the intellectual property rights of our partner institutions, instructors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you would like to read the DMCA, please visit the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Services infringe your copyright, the DCMA provides that you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Eduvess to locate the material on the Services;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Services can either be sent:
- via email: support@Eduvess.com
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Eduvess also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another's trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by Eduvess in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing way on our Services, please email us at support@Eduvess.com, and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
Effective as of July 1, 2017.
Eduvess Refund Policy
For more information about our refund process, including instructions for requesting a refund, please visit our Help
For Month-to-Month Subscriptions
Eduvess does not offer refunds for payments made on a subscription plan. To avoid being charged during a free trial promotion, you must cancel your subscription before your 7-day free trial ends. If you complete a course during the free trial period, Eduvess reserves the right to require you to pay for a one-month subscription in order to receive a Course and/or Specialization Certificate.
Your subscription will continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until you cancel your subscription or the subscription is suspended or discontinued by Eduvess. For subscriptions to individual Specializations, Eduvess will automatically discontinue your subscription at the end of the monthly period during which you earn a Specialization Certificate for the Specialization, unless you have subscribed through a third party marketplace that restricts Eduvess’s ability to do so -- e.g., in-app purchases through the Apple App Store. Please visit the third party marketplace for information regarding their policies.
You must cancel your subscription before your monthly renewal date to avoid the next billing. If you cancel your subscription, cancellation will be effective at the end of the current monthly period; you will have continued access to your subscription for the remainder of that period, but you will not receive a refund.
For 6-Month Subscriptions
Eduvess does not offer refunds for 6-month subscription payments. To avoid being charged during a free trial promotion, you must cancel your subscription before your 7-day free trial ends.
Your subscription will continue for 6 months and then automatically renew unless and until you cancel your subscription or the subscription is suspended or discontinued by Eduvess.
If you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access until the end of the 6-month period and will not be billed for the next billing cycle.
For 12-Month Subscriptions
Eduvess does not offer refunds for 12-month subscription payments. To avoid being charged during a free trial promotion, you must cancel your subscription before your 7-day free trial ends.
Your subscription will continue for 12 months and then automatically renew unless and until you cancel your subscription or the subscription is suspended or discontinued by Eduvess.
If you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access until the end of the 12-month period and will not be billed for the next billing cycle.
For Course and Specialization Purchases
If you cancel your paid enrollment for a course, Eduvess will offer you a complete refund until 5 days after payment. If you pre-enroll and pay for a course, Eduvess will offer you a complete refund until 5 days after the course launches or until you have earned your Course Certificate, whichever is earlier. If you do not earn your Course Certificate within 180 days, your registration will expire and you will need to pay to re-enroll for the course.
If you cancel your one-time, paid enrollment for a Specialization, Eduvess will offer you a complete refund until 5 days after payment, or until you earn a Course Certificate for any course in the Specialization, whichever is earlier. If you pre-enroll and pay for the Specialization, Eduvess will offer you a complete refund until 5 days after the first course in the Specialization launches or until you have earned your first Course Certificate for any course in the Specialization, whichever is earlier. Unless otherwise indicated as part of the sign-up process, you have one year after you purchase a Specialization to complete the Specialization.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, shorter refund periods may apply to specific courses and Specializations. In these cases, the shorter period will be stated as part of the sign-up process for the course or Specialization.
For Other Paid Services
Except as described in this Refund Policy or as explicitly stated as part of the sign-up process for a Service, Eduvess has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other Services.
Third Party Marketplaces
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you purchase or subscribe for a course or Specialization, or purchase any other paid Service, through a third party marketplace (e.g., in-app purchases through the Apple App Store or purchases made through certain alternative payment services), the refund policy applicable to that third party marketplace will apply, unless otherwise explicitly stated by Eduvess. Except as otherwise explicitly stated by Eduvess, the third party marketplace will be solely responsible for making refunds under its refund policy, and Eduvess will have no refund obligations. Eduvess disclaims any responsibility or liability related to any third party marketplace's refund policy or the third party's compliance or noncompliance with such policy.
Effective as of August 1, 2017
All students participating in the class must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will register for only one account.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
Effective as of August 1, 2017